Budget 2018 - Daly Park Budget Summary
30 October 2018
In line with the Government's 'end of austerity' message and boosted by better than expected tax revenues and growth forecasts, the Chancellor gave his most eventful Budget speech to date.
The main headlines of the 2018 Budget:
- Additional £20.5 billion a year in funding to the NHS by 2023
- Rise in the Personal Allowance to £12,500 from April 2019
- Rise in the Higher Rate Threshold to £50,000 from April 2019
- Introduction of a new 2% Digital Services Tax on UK revenues of multinational tech companies
- Stamp Duty abolished for first-time buyers of shared-ownership homes valued up to £500,000
For more detail on the Budget click on our Budget Report 2018. If you have any questions about how this budget will affect you please get in touch with your Daly Park Accountant.