ROI Residents Information on COVID-19 Unemployment Payment
02 April 2020
COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment is a new social welfare payment of €350 a week for employees and self-employed people who have lost employment due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
To qualify for the new COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment, you must:
- Be aged between 18 and 66
- Live in the Republic of Ireland
- Have been in employment or self-employment immediately before Friday 13th March 2020. If you work shifts, short time or other atypical work patterns you must have been in employment on or after 6th March 2020.
- Have lost your job or be temporarily laid off from work or asked to stay at home from work due to the pandemic
- Have taken time off work to mind your child because of school or childcare closures and your employer is no longer paying you
- Stopped trading as self-employed due to the pandemic
For more information and to apply please click on COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment.